||A salary of £175 per week, paid into a UK bank account on a monthly basis
||1 Full Day A Week
||Full Three Valleys
||Start of November to end April (exact dates TBC)
||Shared, with the possibility of sharing a room with up to 1 other person. Inclusive of all utility bills
- Return travel between the UK and St Martin de Belleville
- Ski or snowboard hire
We are a luxury chalet company, based in the resort of St Martin de Belleville in the 3 Valleys ski area. We operate 5 boutique ski chalets each with chef, host and resort assistant/driver teams. We have a staff of 20, including management. We are an owner operated business, now in our fifth year and we have developed a reputation for a luxurious yet friendly catered chalet service that is tailored to our guests’ needs. We have a passion for delivering the highest levels of service to our clients and our success depends on us finding the right team who share our passion. We are seeking professional, motivated people with the desire to deliver the best possible standards.
Our nannies work both with chalet clients and with the business owner’s family. The business owners have a little boy who will be 2 and a half at the start of the winter season and they will also have a newborn baby girl. You would be expected to look after the client’s children and the owner’s children both in chalets/apartments as well as being taken outside, to the park, soft play, swimming etc. The business owners are very busy during the winter season and rely on the nanny to assist them to care for the children and run the house in order for them to manage the business on a day to day basis.
For this position you must have a passion for childcare at all ages and be a fun, outgoing and energetic character with excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to both care for and entertain children as well as engage with adults. They must take pride in their work, have extremely high standards, be conscientious and considerate, have great social and conversational skills and enjoy working as part of a team. This will require a strong work ethic and an ability to self-motivate and manage responsibilities without constant guidance.
You will be fully supported by our management team and the owners of the business, who will liaise with you regularly to ensure that the White Mountain Chalets product is being delivered consistently at all times. You will therefore have the support of management at all times if there are problems that need sorting out; however, our employees will be expected to work on their own initiative and be capable of using their organisational skills to ensure the guests’ needs are always met – our employees are our biggest asset and the face of our company and make a real difference to our success. You will report directly to the owners of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Recognised nanny qualification/Significant experience looking after infants and children in a nanny role
- First aid certification
- Good interpersonal skills and able to converse at all levels with colleagues, guests, children and infants
- Able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
- An attitude whereby ‘nothing is too much trouble’
- A loving, nurturing and patient personality
- A degree of flexibility wherever possible to meet parent’s needs and wishes
- Outgoing and fun
- All applicants must be in possession of a UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number
- Act as a private nanny for the owners of the company’s to assist with care for their 2 and a half year old and newborn baby. You would be required to prepare and cook the toddlers food (very simple cooking), wash up after him, iron his clothing and general tidying of his toys, books games etc. If babysitting, then bath and bedtime. The toddler loves the outdoors so a nanny who is keen to get outside and enjoy the beautiful mountain environment would be an advantage.
- Taking the owners baby out in the pram for walks and fresh air and generally looking after the baby and toddler as required
- Changing nappies and assisting with toilet training
- Educating the toddler with songs, games, arts and crafts and play
- You need to be able to set boundaries and provide constant guidance
- Keeping a record of the day’s activities to report back to the business owners at the end of a working period
- Looking after the house for the owner’s when both children are napping or when there is an opportunity – light housework, tidying, etc
- Looking after client’s children and infants in chalets and the village of St Martin de Belleville
- Ensure that our guests and their children benefit from the highest level of childcare
- Be confident in dealing with White Mountain Chalet guests
- Provide a safe, hygienic and stimulating environment for children
- Provide healthy and nutritious food for any children or infants in your care
- Ensure that the chalet is clean and tidy and that the toys and equipment are put away at the end of each day
- Take children to and from ski school and to and from local parks, swimming pools and other activities
- Communicate with the parents at the end of the day regarding their child’s wellbeing
- Provide appropriate care in the event of any accident occurring
If you'd like to apply for one of our Nanny postitions please contact our team manager Nicki at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.